The building is a harbour warehouse, built in the eighteenth century in the original harbour area. The northen section of the warehouse was extended in 1926. The building was used by the highways department of Åmål council for many years. The highways department vacated the building in 1979 and Åmål Folk Museum took over the building in 1980. It was ready for opening in 1986.
Folk museum office is open September 2019 - May 2020
Folk museum open 23 June - 15 August 2020
Sundays & Mondays closed
Entré 20 kr
Hamngatan 7 S-662 31 Åmål
Telephone: 046(0)532-158 20
Email: [email protected]